Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Book Reviewed: The Milky Way: An Autobiography of Our Galaxy by Moiya McTier

Lost in the Milky Way The author describes our home galaxy in an unconventional way where the narratives are in the first person, i.e., the Milky Way is speaking about itself to human beings using the term "I." The following examples illustrates this point: “I can get deeply honest about how it's felt to be your galaxy these last thirteen billion years. But don't pat yourself on the back for managing to read half of this book. I'm the one doing the onerous and, frankly, humiliating work of explaining myself to a hopelessly corporeal creature.” “For thirteen billion years, I've been making stars and waiting for them to die, some more gloriously than others.” “Because being a galaxy every day is exhausting. In addition to holding this entire neighborhood of at least fifty galaxies together, I also have my own gas to transport and mold, and over one hundred billion stars to supervise.” “Generally speaking, my body has three different regions: bulge, disk, and halo. So, allow me to introduce you to my hometown, which, by extension, is also yours.” This book does not have any photographs, illustrations, or graphics to connect with our home galaxy. The author does not fascinate the reader and gives limited information about the Milky Way galaxy.

No comments:

Post a Comment